The New Brunswick Invasive Species Council (NBISC) is a network comprised of NGOs, government, industry, and recreational stakeholders interested in collaborating on invasive species issues in New Brunswick. The goal of NBISC is to strengthen existing partnerships and to coordinate efforts to create a unified provincial response to the emerging environmental, economic, and recreational threats of invasive species.
We Aim To Do This By:
• Enhancing collaboration and coordinating efforts across NB on invasive species related initiatives
• Engaging with communities and recreational users about the pathways that spread invasive species and creating behavioural change through implementing programs such as CLEAN DRAIN DRY
• Developing the capacity of environmental non-profits, enhancing their skills and access to information to better manage invasive species and roll out programs
• Raising awareness about invasive species and their impact through social media and community engagements; and
• Researching and investigating best options for mapping and response strategies to emerging invasive species
© Meghann Bruce
© Dave Britton
"To protect New Brunswick’s environmental, economic, and recreational interests from the threat of invasive species."
1) strengthen existing partnerships and to coordinate efforts; creating a unified provincial response to the emerging environmental and economic threat of invasive species
2) to engage New Brunswickers in reducing the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species across the province.
“One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.”
- Leo Tolstoy -
Canadian Council on Invasive Species
NBISC is proud to be part of the Canadian Council on Invasive Species (CCIS) a national network of partners working collaboratively across jurisdictional boundaries to support actions and share information that can help reduce the threat and impacts of invasive species. The CCIS is committed to developing national education and outreach strategies to help guide invasive species councils and organizations to motivate their audiences to change their behaviour and take action against invasive species. For more information visit www.canadainvasives.ca.