NBISC Spring Giveaway!
Happy Earth Day! There are many ways that we can help to protect our beautiful natural areas, including preventing the spread of invasive species. To celebrate Earth Day and the beginning of spring, we’re hosting a giveaway to get you ready to enjoy the outdoors!
- $50 gift card to Radical Edge
- NBISC Ball Cap
- Play Clean Go Drawstring Bag
- Play Clean Go Socks
- Canadian Council of Invasive Species Playing Cards
- Boot Brush
- NBISC Pin
- NBISC and Play Clean Go Stickers
To enter on Facebook and/or Instagram:
1. Follow our page
2. Like this post
3. Comment below how you’re going to help prevent the spread of invasive species when you’re outdoors this summer (you can visit our website for ideas)
For one additional entry, share this post to your story and tag us! You can also enter the contest on the other social media page (Facebook or Instagram) for additional entries.
The giveaway will close on May 6th at 12:00pm and the winner will be chosen at random.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. No purchase necessary. Winner must be a resident of New Brunswick and 13 years of age or older.
Complete Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: The New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of New Brunswick. Entrants must be 13 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. The New Brunswick Invasive Species Council 's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsorship: The sponsor is New Brunswick Invasive Species Council. Sponsor will conduct the [Sweepstakes or Contest] substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes, the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes.
4. New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes Entry Period: This promotion begins on April 22nd, 2022, at 4:15pm Atlantic Time and ends on May 6th, 2022, at 12:00pm Atlantic Time (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter The New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes by submitting an entry via Facebook and/or Instagram. Eligible entrants must “like” the official New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes post on Facebook or Instagram and comment how they’re going to help prevent the spread of invasive species when they’re outdoors this summer. For additional entries, eligible entrants can also share the post to their “story” and tag “@nbinvasives” in the story (1 extra entry) and follow the social media page (1 extra entry), as well as follow the entry rules (1 extra entry) and additional entry rules on the opposite social media platform (1 extra entry each). This would be to a maximum of six (6) entries per eligible participant. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive a $50 gift card to Radical Edge, an NBISC Ball Cap, a Play Clean Go Drawstring Bag, a pair of Play Clean Go Socks, a deck of Canadian Council of Invasive Species Playing Cards, an NBISC Pin, a Boot Brush and two NBISC and Play Clean Go Stickers. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, provincial, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing, under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by sending them a private message within five days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within five days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council Spring Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: [identify any disallowed entry methods that will result in votes/entries being voided; examples: multiple entries from the same user; multiple entries from the same computer beyond the number allowed by the [Sweepstakes or Contest] rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.] Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the [Official Name] [Sweepstakes or Contest] may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Sweepstakes or Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND NEW BRUNSWICK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Sweepstakes, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in New Brunswick having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via email to: email@example.com.
13. Facebook: The Sweepstakes hosted by the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
14. Instagram: The Sweepstakes hosted by the New Brunswick Invasive Species Council is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram